Re: driving range on a tank of petrol

Eric,

thanks for the info - just what I needed.
the problem so far has been that I have been afraid of not
filling up fairly soon after the light goes on AFTER the needle
on the gauge finally gets down to zero. Having said that, it may
well be that the light would come on again later, if I left it
that long.
I'll probably end up filling a can, putting it into the pannier
and driving round that way to see how far I can get on one tank.
Like I say, I don't think it's the fuel consumption that's
amiss, as I only ever fill it up to about 13 litres, so
obviously there's 21 - 13 litres left in the tank each time.
I do fill it very full, refilling slowly by dribs and drabs to
let the petrol settle and make more space, so that's not the
problem.
Even on the side stand, the amount you can fit in is much the
same.

thanks
Tim