Re: new st

Greetings David,

Good choice on keeping the Tiger - they will make a great pair. As a matter
of fact, I am keeping my eye out for a "can't pass up" deal on the Tiger .....

>can tell that I love her.  I have experienced some trepidation in 30-35 mph
>crosswinds, feeling that I might be taken off the road at some point, and
>have been following the thread on TD, but wondered what experience you all
>might have had with said crosswinds.  Other than that, I have nothing but

I got caught on Sunday with Turbo engaged at around 150 mph and it was a
might scarry. I had come out of a tree lined road to a open area with water
on both sides and got hit by a 40-45mph crosswind. After I regained my
composure and the blood started flowing again, it really did not seem that
bad. It was far less squirrelly than the old Sprint which didn't like
crosswinds at all (CG too high)

>praise for her.  I guess the one thing I might change, now that I'm almost
>60, is to raise the handlebars about an inch.  Perhaps someone will make
>risers someday.  I also have contacted Corbin for a new saddle, but they

A couple of people on the list have contacted Gen-Mar about risers - none
yet, but will probably be available in the near future.

>aren't making one yet.  I have heard many people talk about how good the
>saddle is, but I always like Corbins better.  I will let you all know if I
>am able to get one soon.

I have always run with corbins up to this point, but I really feel that
this seat is superior in comfort to anything I could get from them. I may
send it to Sargent though and get a new cover - something a little sportier

>I have the race can ordered, along with the side bags, and will use the top
>trunk off of my Tiger (also black).  None of the accessories have arrived
>yet.  Glad to hear from you folks, enjoy!!!!!   David Gilmore

Someone on the list got the can, so they are out there - just luck of the
draw it seems as to where the accessories are going.

- - Eric