ST Feedback/New Subscriber

Hello everybody, I am a new subscriber and new ST owner so here are my
riding impressions so far.....

I purchased the ST in February and have put about 700 miles on it so far.
As a fairly aggressive sportbike rider I was looking for a versatile
sport-touring mount with good handling, comfort and features that could give
me a broad slice of both worlds.  So far I am not dissapointed.

Some of my former bikes have included a 1997 Yamaha YZF600 and the famous
Honda VFR (1994).  I find the Triumph to steer very lightly, even more
lightly than the 600 probably due to it's wider bar.  I love the triple's
spread of low and midrange torque.  It beats sportbikes in real world
roll-ons from 60-80 mph.  It has the kind of power band that is most useful
for real world situations like overtaking traffic, hauling a passenger etc.

I especially like the fact that unlike the Honda, the ST can be fitted with
hard luggage, a high performance muffler that comes with revised fuel
injection mapping to recalibrate the fuel injection, heated handgrips, a
rack, and a slick looking solo seat cowl.  I also feel the ST unlike the VFR
has CHARACTER.  In addition, the ST offers a nifty electrical accessory plug
at the left side of the fairing (same as a BMW) where you can plug in
electric clothing, accessories, etc.

I find the fuel mileage to be around 48-52 mpg.  The fairing offers good
protection to my 5' 7" 145# frame, the seating position is excellent and the
comfort level high.  My main gripe is that the bike is TOO quiet.   I am not
a fan of loud pipes but I do plan to add the optional high performance
muffler to let the triple breath better and sing more.