Re: Heated grips

At 11:10 PM 03/12/1999 -0600, Robert wrote:
>Hi . I also have the heated grips. I really like them . I also had them on
>my ' 96 Trophy. My indicator light does not light.

good - I was not looking forward to ripping it back out.... I was impressed
with the amount of heat and quickness to warm up.

> I had my dealer install
>the grips when I had my first service. I also wish the switch was in a
>better place. I should have asked where they were going to install the
>switch.

The installation of my bags and grips were part of my deal. Unfortunately
with the parts delay, they arrived long after the bike. I had to do my
first service because my dealer was bogged due to bike week and I wasn't
about to leave the bike for several days for parts installs when I could be
riding. So I ended up getting to install the bags and the grips.

I *did not* mount my switch on the fairing. I mounted it next to the speedo
- - I was not about to cut the fairing - especially with all the money
invested in the paint.

email to eric@xxxxxxxxxx

>still have not been able to test the heated vest on a colder day as I have
>been sick. I do think it will be well worth it from the little I have used
>it.

Cool - expecting a full report when you are back in the saddle. Right now,
I'm leaning toward the Gerbing thin heated jacket liner.

- - Eric

End of st-digest V1999 #4