Re: Pipe and Tune

>Txt, I wish that was the case. I went in this morning and they aren't
>able to load the new engine mapping into the game boy. Boy is this ever

Steve, are they unable to load the tune into the "gameboy" (the triumph
supplied programming tool) or into the ST on board computer? While I
haven't watched a ST program, I watched the dealer do my 509 several times.
Each time it took a couple of minutes and seemed very straightforward. Too
bad it wasn't yesterday, so that they could have enlisted help from someone
at Triumph.

>frustrating. This was pretty much my last chance for a month as I'm
>going to be working straight through for the next month (I'm a machinist
>in an oil refinery and it time for the first of two turnarounds). Thanks
>for the info though. Best regards, Steve.

Will you be offshore or just working during normal business hours? If it is
the latter, I would call the dealer up and ask him to pick up the bike,
download the tune and return it to you. My dealer offered that solution to
me last year when I had some 509 problems and I'm 60 miles one way from the
dealer. It's not like you are just asking them out of the blue - you
provided the bike to them during business hours to have a program
downloaded on a Triumph accessory. You should not have to suffer because
they can't get their equipment to function properly...

Just my .02

- - Eric