fuel gauge/shifting/center stand/accessories/mirrors

Hi everyone.  My name is Charlie and live in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.  I
bought a black ST in February and have about 800 miles on it.

 I also have noticed the inaccurate fuel gauge problem and spoke to my
dealer about it.  They were very interested to receive comments on the bike
as I have the first ST they sold.  My dealer said he will contact someone at
Triumph and perhaps it is something with the sending unit at the tank that
is supposed to tell the gauge what's going on.

For what it is worth, I have found the shifting to become smoother as the
bike gets more miles.  The shifting requires a more deliberate foot than a
Japanese bike but  much less than my Harley did.

Has anybody received the replacement center stand that was recalled?  Any
idea when they will be available?

My dealer just got the heated grips and the stainless high performance
muffler in.  I grabbed them right up and will have them installed next week.
Can't wait to hear the triple sing!  Incidentally, the part number on the
muffler was different than the one my dealer had in the Triumph catalog.  As
a result,  the dealer computer did not record the incoming part and showed
it as still on order when in fact it was in the stockroom.  If it weren't
for someone remembering that they had seen it back there I would still be
waiting for it!!  I am going to let the dealer install my grips that way if
the fairing gets messed up it's his problem!  I guess it is all a matter of
preference but I am find with the recommended mounting location on the
fairing.

I am still waiting on the saddlebags.

Some people have said the mirrors wobble at speed.  I had the pleasure of
getting the bike up to around 90-100 mph recently and the mirrors were fine.
They rock a little at idle and that's all.

If anyone would like to explore some Pennsylvania back roads this summer let
me know!!  There are some great twisties around here!!

Keep the shiny side up!

Charlie