Re: New subscribers

At 12:40 PM 03/14/1999 -0500, Blake wrote:
>Thanks, Eric, for the welcome message! As for myself, I'm a pretty new
>motorcyclist, having taken the MSF course and purchased my Yamaha Seca

Welcome aboard Blake

>much stopped riding part-way through grad school. (OK, OK, I've become
>too old and fat to keep pedaling my butt around town. :-)

ROFLMAO ! ......

>reality is that most of my miles come from my commute, so I'm looking
>for a bike that performs well when pushed but that is civilized enough
>to make the daily slog through traffic fun as well. I'd also like to
>have the option of some vacation touring, too, so the bike should be
>able to perform well in that role as well.

That has ST written all over it

>BMWs seem OK but a little too quirky for my taste. Everyone's raving
>about the ST; it seems more reliable and less expensive than Ducs and
>BMWs, but not as bland as the VFR. So, I joined the list to hear from
>owners and prospecive owners.
>
>I'll probably test ride both the VFR and the ST, but I have to wait for
>it to stop snowing. :-(

Snow? What's that ? (sorry)

*Salesman mode on*
I think the one thing that all the listers here will agree on is that we
love the ST. We may differ on colour preferences, accessories, riding
styles etc. but when it comes right down to it, Triumph has done a great
job with this bike and those of us lucky enough to have one in the garage
are thankful on a daily basis.....
*Saleman mode off*

Feel free to post as much as you like - if you come up with any presales
questions someone here should have the answer

- - Eric