Some Impressions

Hi!

This last weekend the weather over here was beautiful and I took
advantage for a nice long ride on my "black beauty".
I'm up to a total of about 1800 km. now (that's about 1100 miles)
and have just a few impressions I would like to share and ask you
all for a quick comparison on a couple of them.

Generally I must say thet the more I drive this ST the more I like
it. Handling is real good and being used to the heavier previous
Sprint, the ST is a lot easier and more fun.
Although it picks up really well from low revs, here is my first
question. The engine tends to get a bit bumpy between 2000 and 3000
rpm especially when decelerating or riding with the throttle at a
minimum. All you need to do is open up a bit and it's gone but it
does get a bit annoying when riding at low speeds. Would you say this
is normal or could it be that I need a bit of tunning at low revs?
My previous Sprint seemed a bit better from this point.

My other question is on vibrations. They seem to have increased a bit
respect to when it was brand new. Again, mainly down low but a bit
also at higher revs. Any impressions on this?

All the rest is really good. Yesterday on the highway (hopefully there
were no radars :-))) I took her up to 230 km/h on the speedo
(about 145 mph) which corresponded to about 9000 rpm.
It was really fast up to 200 and still quite good forward. The bike
was fantasically stable and air protection was quite good even without
having bent down too much over the tank. It still had more to go but I
had to slow down. I don't normally drive anywhere near that fast but
you have to try it at least a couple of times ;-)))

Thanks a lot for any feedback.

Carlo
99 Black Sprint ST