Re: Some Impressions

Greetings Carlo,

At 01:14 PM 03/15/1999 +0100, Carlo wrote:
>Generally I must say thet the more I drive this ST the more I like
>it. Handling is real good and being used to the heavier previous
>Sprint, the ST is a lot easier and more fun.

I agree completely agree here. I still find myself clicking along thinking
to myself - wow this really is a great bike. Thinking about retracing my
road trip from last year so that I can feel the difference between the 2
Sprints on some more demanding roads.

>question. The engine tends to get a bit bumpy between 2000 and 3000
>rpm especially when decelerating or riding with the throttle at a
>minimum. All you need to do is open up a bit and it's gone but it
>does get a bit annoying when riding at low speeds. Would you say this
>is normal or could it be that I need a bit of tunning at low revs?
>My previous Sprint seemed a bit better from this point.

is it a slight "hiccup" (for lack of a better word)? Maybe you are feeling
the stepper motor adjust. Used to be quite noticeable on the 509, but with
the improvements to the ST fuel injection (new stepper) I find it barely
noticeable. And of course the old Sprint was not FI you would not have had
this feeling on it. Anyone else have any other theories ?

>My other question is on vibrations. They seem to have increased a bit
>respect to when it was brand new. Again, mainly down low but a bit
>also at higher revs. Any impressions on this?

I notice it mainly in my feet - especially if I put the ball of my foot on
the peg. Not really annoying but if you're looking for it, you can feel it.

>were no radars :-))) I took her up to 230 km/h on the speedo
>(about 145 mph) which corresponded to about 9000 rpm.
>It was really fast up to 200 and still quite good forward. The bike
>was fantasically stable and air protection was quite good even without

Wahoo! - but of course, TriumphNet cannot condone exceeding the posted
speed limit ;-)

Later
- - Eric