RE: Some Impressions

Carlo / Eric,
	My baby is similar from idle to about 3500 rpm.  She feels
completely different than in the rest of the rev range.  I think that it may
have something to do with were the torque is generated.  At or above, if I
remember right, 3200rpm were the torque starts to level out and later
becomes "constant".  From about that point my baby is starting to really
kick.  I think it is inherent to the design, i.e. bump stick, exhaust, and
FI.
	The way I avoid having to deal with that area is to keep it in a
lower gear.  I generally run her at about 4000rpm everywhere, freeway,
street, etc.  You really can't avoid this in first gear at a traffic light
though

	Ross, might be able to give us some insight?

	Thanks Eric for the feed back on the turbo setup.

Martin

		>question. The engine tends to get a bit bumpy between 2000
and 3000
		>rpm especially when decelerating or riding with the
throttle at a
		>minimum. All you need to do is open up a bit and it's gone
but it
		>does get a bit annoying when riding at low speeds. Would
you say this
		>is normal or could it be that I need a bit of tunning at
low revs?
		>My previous Sprint seemed a bit better from this point.

		is it a slight "hiccup" (for lack of a better word)? Maybe
you are feeling
		the stepper motor adjust. Used to be quite noticeable on the
509, but with
		the improvements to the ST fuel injection (new stepper) I
find it barely
		noticeable. And of course the old Sprint was not FI you
would not have had
		this feeling on it. Anyone else have any other theories ?

End of st-digest V1999 #9