Re: fuel gauge/accessories

At 07:16 PM 03/16/1999 -0800, jim schroeder wrote:
>it's consistent!) The luggage is a different story, as I spoke to Pro-Italia
>tonight and they said I'm on a waiting list (#13 out of 48) to receive a 2
bag
>set!! They also informed me that the panniers come as "kit form" with the
dealer
>having to assemble them from all their parts including hinge brkts.,
seals, locks,
>etc. Does this sound accurate? Any feedback would be appreciated!

Wow - bummer about the wait time - and lucky number 13 to boot .....

The kit does come with approximately 1 bazzilion little pieces (didn't
count them all - but the kit took my whole kitchen table). I've heard a
rumor that due to dealer feedback, triumph will be providing the bags kits
partially assembled, reducing the number of loose parts by about 30 to 50%.
Basically all pieces at this point need assembly. To connect bags, the
hinges between the two bags must be riveted to the outer bags. The seals
however are pre installed.

As the project begins, the rear grab rail and rear fairing are removed.
Then a few parts including signals, lift handle, and a few other bolts and
bits are removed. Assemble the rails, new lock mount, couple of support
pieces, and add the locks. Mount the signals, re install the fairing and
grab rail - and voila - you're done (about 2-3 hours time without rushing)

- - Eric