Re: engine mapping

Steve (aka stump) wrote:
>and retry. Soooo, he's on the phone with another dealer down in portland
>and there trying to help. Messages into the west coast rep, (I think
>this guy is a ghost) and messages at triumph peachtree. Maybe someone
>somewhere will answer there voice mail and give up with the right info
>or the right card. It sounds like and looks like my guy is making all
>the right moves.

not to make excuses for Triumph, but I seem to remember that they are a
person short on the west coast. I keep telling them (Atlanta) that they
need to give me a district and I'll show them how's it done .... (maybe if
I badger them long enough they'll interview me, just to shut me up) ;-)

Still, there's no excuse for the dealer not getting a call back from either
the rep or Triumph. Not that you should have to, but maybe for your own
sanity at this point, make a call to Shell Barr at PeachTree - he's head of
service for the US. If he can't be found, I would have the receptionist
find someone that you could talk to, in order to get the ball rolling.

If it's any consolation - this is my third Triumph in three years and my
last bike (the 509) was plagued with several problems - yet I never
encountered any service problems like you have been going through - either
with my dealer or Corporate.

>There is something sprint specific that is missing. If
>this fabulous support system can get going, roll up there sleeves and
>take some action I will be amazed.

I agree something (or some step) is missing, but we know it works, because
Martin has his on and its working with the new tune.

Regardless of the pipe, is the gameboy able to read the tune that's in the
bike now ? (ie to change CO levels etc). If not, maybe there is a wiring
problem with the harness and no problem with the gameboy.

>I am quickly loosing my enthusiasm
>with this machine and its support. Maybe knee surgery isn't such a bad
>idea after all. Hey, the guy that's buying my VTR hasn't taken it home
>yet and corbin can get me beattle bags in an overnight for the same
>price as the sprints. Seeings how the center stand has yet to make it
>out here I won't miss it as the vtr never had one.  You know with a
>little attention to detail, I could go adventure touring on my 1960 r69
>BMW.  I will keep the tankbag though.  I guess I'm just old fashioned
>when I take someones hard earned money you can bet your ass they will
>get there moneys worth. Bummed in western wa. Steve.

Hopefully Triumph will go out of their way to keep you happy. I know I'm
keeping my fingers crossed for you, for a call in the morning with the
solution.

As for those beetle bags, you are kidding right ? I can't believe they
actually sell them - I got to see a set up close and personal during
bikeweek on a VFR (at the daytona Corbin store) and found myself joking
with one of the Corbin reps - I asked him "do you actually sell any of
these?" and he laughed and said "yeah we do - can you belive it?"........
well, not may taste but there are a bunch of people with them on - hope I
did not offend you - wasn't trying to comment on your tastes (god knows my
taste is not always that good ...)

Keep us informed of the progress (and whether or not the Triumph corporate
people call your dealer back)

Later

- - Eric