Re: engine mapping

Eric Sheley wrote:

> Steve (aka stump) wrote:
> >and retry. Soooo, he's on the phone with another dealer down in portland
> >and there trying to help. Messages into the west coast rep, (I think
> >this guy is a ghost) and messages at triumph peachtree. Maybe someone
> >somewhere will answer there voice mail and give up with the right info
> >or the right card. It sounds like and looks like my guy is making all
> >the right moves.
>
> not to make excuses for Triumph, but I seem to remember that they are a
> person short on the west coast. I keep telling them (Atlanta) that they
> need to give me a district and I'll show them how's it done .... (maybe if
> I badger them long enough they'll interview me, just to shut me up) ;-)
>
> Still, there's no excuse for the dealer not getting a call back from either
> the rep or Triumph. Not that you should have to, but maybe for your own
> sanity at this point, make a call to Shell Barr at PeachTree - he's head of
> service for the US. If he can't be found, I would have the receptionist
> find someone that you could talk to, in order to get the ball rolling.
>
> If it's any consolation - this is my third Triumph in three years and my
> last bike (the 509) was plagued with several problems - yet I never
> encountered any service problems like you have been going through - either
> with my dealer or Corporate.
>
> >There is something sprint specific that is missing. If
> >this fabulous support system can get going, roll up there sleeves and
> >take some action I will be amazed.
>
> I agree something (or some step) is missing, but we know it works, because
> Martin has his on and its working with the new tune.
>
> Regardless of the pipe, is the gameboy able to read the tune that's in the
> bike now ? (ie to change CO levels etc). If not, maybe there is a wiring
> problem with the harness and no problem with the gameboy.
>
> >I am quickly loosing my enthusiasm
> >with this machine and its support. Maybe knee surgery isn't such a bad
> >idea after all. Hey, the guy that's buying my VTR hasn't taken it home
> >yet and corbin can get me beattle bags in an overnight for the same
> >price as the sprints. Seeings how the center stand has yet to make it
> >out here I won't miss it as the vtr never had one.  You know with a
> >little attention to detail, I could go adventure touring on my 1960 r69
> >BMW.  I will keep the tankbag though.  I guess I'm just old fashioned
> >when I take someones hard earned money you can bet your ass they will
> >get there moneys worth. Bummed in western wa. Steve.
>
> Hopefully Triumph will go out of their way to keep you happy. I know I'm
> keeping my fingers crossed for you, for a call in the morning with the
> solution.
>
> As for those beetle bags, you are kidding right ? I can't believe they
> actually sell them - I got to see a set up close and personal during
> bikeweek on a VFR (at the daytona Corbin store) and found myself joking
> [...]

I Was just being  sarcastic eric. This has gone on long on way to long.
The machine will give all the diagnostic info just won't download a
change. I enjoy riding it. I have 1000 mi. on it and have owned it a
month. But not to have anything but the tank bag in all this time Really
HACKS ME OFF:(   I guess I'm venting my spleen but hopefully this will
be  a heads up for others. Don't believe it till you see it. Regards
*   *   *