RE: Center Stand etc...

Eric,

Maybe in the meantime, you (the listers) could make suggestions on what we
need to include in the FAQ section of the site.

	I have a couple of suggestions one is the triumph number and the
Dupont number for Tornado Red.  Why you may ask, I'll tell you later.  I
will help with body panel numbers and prices from my dealer.  Definitely the
fuel gauge behavior.  Range on a tank of gas, maybe some info on the 955I
valves and no clearances found.  Whatever else has been seen as a common
problem.
	Now as to why I need color numbers.  Just a short time ago me and
the wife were heading up a mountain road enjoying the scenery and doing
about 25mph.  Short straight away then a visible turn up ahead.  Visible
because you could see the double yellow turn to the right from the straight
away.  Got to the turn went to turn and saw it was a switch back.  A 5mph
switch back to the right that there was no way I would have been able to
make.  Fortunately no cars coming from anywhere, shot across the road and
managed to stop on a small embankment of very coarse granite gravel.
Partially relieved and happy that there had been no oncoming traffic I began
the process of turning the bike around very slowly on a steep incline.
Managed to get it all the way around and pointed back down the mountain.  In
process of finding a stable spot to put down the side-stand I  rolled
forward to a nice section.  I managed to roll over some rocks and the wheels
started sliding.  Rocks acting like ball bearing under the tires and the
steep decline on a banked road became the worst possible thing.
	She slowly... painfully... slipped... away... from me.  Meeting the
coarse granite gravel with the most delicate part of her beautiful face.  I
had had my first dropped motorcycle!  My beautiful young vibrant creature
had been damage.  The wounds would not allow her to model for some time,
until I could afford the plastic surgery required to make he like new again.
	On a serious note I scratched the upper and lower fairing and gouged
the S**T out of my left bag and left side fairing.  I will replace the bag
cover and have everything else repainted.
	After I quit kicking rocks and wishing I had the owner of the Mt.
Baldy ski resort so I could hip throw him into the very same gravel for not
posting a sign for the turn on the side I was coming up.  It was almost
humorous.  The wife smacking onto the gravel immediately followed by myself
and my baby.
	No one hurt except my pride and my baby.

Martin