Re: Speedo, bags, mapping, and alarms

At 01:23 PM 03/19/1999 -0600, Jack wrote:
>	I haven't heard anything from my dealer about a new mapping but keep
>reading about it here. Wish I knew if it was for real and needed on all
>ST's.

I called about this as well today - my dealer was unaware of any new tune.
Maybe what is being referred to having the CO and idle speed adjusted via
gameboy. Jim schroeder posted the info about the remapping - maybe he can
find out if there is a tune number associated with this, or if his dealer
was just manually adjusting the settings

>	As previously posted on the speedo; I rode my ST beside my wife's car
>on the way to work about three weeks ago traveling at an indicated
>70MPH. When we got to work I asked what speed she was going and she
>responded about 70 or just slightly over. It seems close enough to me. I
>think that the bike is so smooooth and easy that it's deceiving. That's
>why I stated earlier to Lisa to not let yourself get in over your head.

I agree - it feels really smooth and that 100 MPH mark comes way too quick.
I have just finished mounting and calibrating the Sigma, so I will have
accurate numbers to report tomorrow night (if I remember to write them down)

- - Eric