Re:Answers to: Speedo, bags, mapping, and alarms

Hey folks,
My speedo transducer froze up at 700 mi. took it in and we ripped everything
apart to ck. elec. connections to no avail, then removed the front wheel and
speedo unit, sure enough it had froze up and bent the tabs back on the drive
washer!! Don't know if this is something we can all look fwd. to or not?!?
They've ordered a new one for me.
The low speed mapping that was in question on the first day, was in fact remedied
by a factory program sent along with my bike to Pro-Italia. However they don't
know if this was Ca. specific or not. These bikes coming to the states, from the
sounds of the British ride reports are no different. The difference is like
taking off on a full race TZ 125 with too tall gearing, and chugging out of a
7-11 on a Yam 650 with eggs in your lap (way more grunt). I was told by
Pro-Italia that all dealers receiving this bike should know about it ?
Triumph in general: My dealer has put in numerous calls in the last 2 wks. and
mostly they feel ignored? What's the story on that? But take solice in the fact
that they tell me Ducati and Guzzi are much worse?!?!
Hope this helps,
                Jim