Picked up

We picked up our new red baby today. Rode it about 200 miles, was a bit
chilly but still had lots of fun. Did not take me long to decide it really
was the right bike and Dee loves it also. The dealer put the rear pegs from
a Trophy on the rear so Dee has something to rest her feet on besides the
aluminum branch. Bike handles very nice, suspension seems to be spot on even
on the terrible roads in this area, brakes are very powerful but don't have
the too strong initial bite of the last 509 that I rode, engine response to
throttle and clutch is way better than any motorcycle I have previously
owned seems to pick up revs very easily, bars felt a little low for the
first 100 miles then I kind of adjusted to them, still think I will put on a
riser when they are available, seat is much more comfortable than I would
have imagined looking at it, fuel gauge acted quite peculiar, it did not
change from a needle width below full for 120 miles, I filled it which took
2.5 gallons, then it seemed to start coming down at something like a
"normal" rate. If anyone out there is still trying to make up their mind,
this bike has my hearty endorsement and not too many of the last 26 has
gotten that.

Paul & Delores Steinbacher
97 Buell M2 Cyclone (is this thing broke AGAIN?!)
98 Suzuki Bandit S1200 (Little Red Suzy)
99 Triumph Sprint ST