ST German registration warning!

Hi all,
If your bike is not registered in Germany then you can safely delete this one!!!

If your ST was bought in Germany, then this probably applies to you;  the german importer has incorrectly registered the bikes at importation as a 'single seater' bike.  You can check this on your 'Fahrzeugschein' (bike reg. document)
 - box 12: Sitzplatze einschl. Fuhrerpl. u. Nols. = 1.
This could be a mistake at the Zulassungstelle (german vehicle reg. bureau), but their info is based on that declared at importation.  I just sold my T509 and it had the same problem, for the same reason; the insurance agent kindly checked the source of the problem, and it does seem to be Triumph's fault at importation.
Solution - TBC, but it seems that it is easiest thing is to take the 'Fahzeugschein' down to your friendly local TuV centre (vehicle testing station) and get them to mark-up the changes; you then have to get a new Fahrzeugschein printed (at exorbitant cost of course) by the Zulassungstelle -
I will be passing the bill to Triumph Deutschland as it is entirely their fault - the bike was sold as a 2 seater in good faith!!!

Please note that without getting the papers updated you will not be insured in case of accident!

This problem could easily occur in other European countries using the same type of vehicle document system eg. Belgium, Netherlands, France, Spain, Italy etc.  I would suggest it is wise to check that this is not the case for your bike.

Best regards
Jonathan