Re: Sprint or Daytona????

>Per Braaten said:

>Then the simple question is what to buy?? What is the best value for money?
>It is not possible to test ride the bikes and the Sprints are selling fast
>even in Norway. There must be somebody out there in the cyberspace that
>have tried both bikes and could give some feedback.

I have ridden both.  I also love sport bikes and have owned a Ducati 900SP,
Honda CBR 900RR and many more.  I have a Ducati M900 and a Sprint now, and I
just sold a almost new 800 Honda VFR and a BMW R1100RS. The Sprint does the
job of both of those bikes.  The Daytona is a nice bike.  A woman at my work
has one and she lets me ride it from time to time when we are out on rides.
There are two things I do not like about the Daytona.  First, the engine
heat.  I live in Texas where the winters are mild and the summers are HOT!.
The Daytona puts out too much heat on the right side of the fairing to ride
here with much comfort, except on the cool days.  The second, the hadlebar
riding position.  It is great for 100 mph blasts around the countryside, but
awful for around town unless your arms are over a meter long.  The head and
neck position with the foward lean is not very friendly for slow speed or
city riding.  I find the Sprint very comfortable for all types of riding.
You said you carry a passenger and the Sprint (IMO) is better for the
passenger as the rider is not laying down on the tank in front, and both
rider and passenger assume the same seating position.
  Just my opinion.
James Lock