Re: Hello & headlights

- --=====================_165248813==_.ALT

At 12:39 PM 3/25/99 +0200, Toni Korppi wrote:

>I=B4m pretty much trying to decide between a VFR800 and an ST. What I=B4d=
 like
>to know about are the headlights. Does anyone have any comparative
>information on this? I know for experience that new Hondas (VFR800,
>CBR1100XX) excell on this front. No motorcycle seems to come standard with
>relays and thick wires but that is easily fixed. The overall quality of the
>lights themselves can=B4t. The reason I=B4m interested is that I ride a lot
>during the dark hours and there=B4s also an abundance of moose here.

The lights are excellent on the ST.  Very good wide wash in low beam, so you
will see those moose on the verges, while the high beams are very long throw
for scanning down the highway.  The passing button also makes it very easy
to hit the highs for a second to see further down the road for a bit.  Not
sure about the lights on the Veefer, but I am impressed by the ones on the=
 ST.

Rich Weyand
99 Sprint ST 'Black Magic'

Rich Weyand      |  _______   ___,---. ---+_______:_   |Rich Weyand
Weyand Associates| |_N_&_W_| |_N_&_W_| |__|________|_  |TracTronics
Comm Consultants |  ooo ooo ~ ooo ooo ~ oOOOO- OOOO=3Do\ |Model RR=
 Electronics
weyand@xxxxxxx   |     http://www.mcs.net/~weyand/     |weyand@xxxxxxx=20
- --=====================_165248813==_.ALT

At 12:39 PM 3/25/99 +0200, Toni Korppi wrote:<br>
&gt;I=B4m pretty much trying to decide between a VFR800 and an ST. What I=B4=
like<br>
&gt;to know about are the headlights. Does anyone have any
comparative<br>
&gt;information on this? I know for experience that new Hondas
(VFR800,<br>
&gt;CBR1100XX) excell on this front. No motorcycle seems to come standard
with<br>
&gt;relays and thick wires but that is easily fixed. The overall quality
of the<br>
&gt;lights themselves can=B4t. The reason I=B4m interested is that I ride a
lot<br>
&gt;during the dark hours and there=B4s also an abundance of moose
here.<br>
The lights are excellent on the ST.&nbsp; Very good wide wash in low
beam, so you<br>
will see those moose on the verges, while the high beams are very long
throw<br>
for scanning down the highway.&nbsp; The passing button also makes it
very easy<br>
to hit the highs for a second to see further down the road for a
bit.&nbsp; Not<br>
sure about the lights on the Veefer, but I am impressed by the ones on
the ST.<br>
Rich Weyand<br>
_______&nbsp;&nbsp; ___,---. ---+_______:_&nbsp;&nbsp; |Rich
Weyand</div>