RE: Introduction and Buzzing Noise

Greetings Brian,

Well what I was thinking was a leak (ie a seal) where pressure would be
relieved but not where gas was escaping, but that is of little matter at
this point as I was way off.

Well, sort of - Talked to several people today about the system and I at
least got the part right about the system running continually - because it
does. There is no pressure sensor that regulates the fuel pump though (oh
well..) The system is looped (if you have the service manual there is a
really nice diagram on page 9.77) and the fuel flows along 1 line to a fuel
rail which supplies the injectors and the loop then continues back to the
pump. There is a pressure relief valve that allows the fuel to return to
the tank when the pressure becomes high enough.

Long story short - it should always be making noise - but not enough to be
heard above the sound of the motor. If it is audible then you may have one
thats just too noisy. Replacement should eliminate the problem.

Keep us updated

- - Eric