Re: Getting it right!

Ken T wrote:
>Man, I understand yer frustration.  If its any solice most all Yamaha
dealers
>have CO analyzers and could do this adjustment without any problem at all if
>you give them the desired numbers, aint gonna be free tho.  They've had CO
>ports in exhausts since the Venture.  Fer what its worth though keep in mind
>that CO% relates to mixture.

well, they could, ... if they could program the ECM.....

The percentage is controlled via the programming on the ECM, so unless they
are also a Triumph dealer, we would have no way to set it. That is the spot
I'm in now - I have someone with a CO meter and then I have my dealer with
the "gameboy" and 50 miles between them....

>Question for the collective..since mixture is controlled by the amount of
>time the injector is receiving an open signal where is the CO adjusted?  In
>the gameboy?

yes

>  Also in all this pipe talk I don't hear anyone talking about
>throttle butterfly synchronization, isn't this a major factor?

Are you talking about throttle body alignment and balance ?
and
Butterfly valve shape (thickness and smoothness)?

TB alignment was a problem on the T5's through 98. I have not heard much if
anything about a problem with the 99's and I believe that the TBs were
redone for 99 (On this, I could be wrong as well). TB problems could cause
surging and cut outs, but so too could excessively high or low CO settings.
Which is easier to eliminate as a source of fault and which is more likely
to be the source of any performance problem?

On this model, I would say CO for both. If you could verify proper setting
via a gas analyzer, then you could go on to other areas to further improve
your performance.

- - Eric