performance pipe 'tunes'

Does anyone have any advice on whether it is very inadvisable to run the Triumph sport exhaust with the EFI program for the stock pipe?  I have done this for a few days, as the dealer said he could upload the tune 'while I wait'  if I had fitted the pipe myself.  The bike seems to run fine on the new pipe with stock programme; I guess being EFI it just adjusts for the change in air flow; the idle is not that smooth, which I hope will improve with the proper programme.
As my dealer doesn't have a CO meter (almost certainly) what is the process to adjust this so that it doesn't stall on idle, without a meter available?
cheers
Jonathan