Re: Oil Filters, Hugger, Backrest?, and Top Speed

Hello Rick,

I agree with you on the Oil Filter. At least while your bike is under
warranty use the OEM Triumph filter. They MSRP for less than $9.00 in
California. That way if you do have a warranty issue that will not come up
as an variable. For no technical reason I always run the OEM filter. I just
"feel" better about it; if that makes any sense.

I can look into making a back rest but not sure how many folks would be
interested. I have to batch out around 20 units to get any return on making
the prototype and then a final product. I would machine the brackets out of
billet aluminum then I could powder coat or buff the aluminum then make a
back pad. I can do the machining and can sub out the back pad. I will cc
Mr. Steve Lilley and Mr. Marc Corker to see if they think the market is
there too. Also, getting a ST for prototyping has been difficult (demand
exceeds the supply). If anyone has one in the San Diego area I will offer
my products free for the use of the bike for fitment. I can work it to fit
your riding schedule. I have a couple of products that I think would
complement ST nicely.

The ST has more than enough HP to exceed 152 MPH if you are tucked using
18/45 combo prior to redline. The Triumph Speedo is very generous so it
will read around 165 MPH. I would also recommend the BC800. For around $30
MSRP you get an accurate Speedo, with top speed, average speed, and a nice
clock (couple of other functions I never bother to use). Talk to Eric
Sheley if you want more details on the install to your ST.  The BC was with
in 0 .1 MPH against a RADAR gun at 170 + MPH.

Kind Regards,
John King
http://www.znet.com/~skyking