Re: st-digest V1999 #66

> Have any Australian riders received the bolt related recall notification?
> When my bike went in for the first service the bolts were re-torqued and
> the dealer made no mention of needing to be replaced.  I assume they
> didn't want to generate concern etc. etc. until they had the new bolts but
> quite a bit of time has passed.  Not a word from Triumph nor from the
> dealer.
>
> Bambi

Hi Bambi, I went to my dealer last week armed with Erics recall letter as I had told
them about the recall and they knew nothing about it.When I walked into the shop my
dealer smiled and said he got the call from Triumph Australia the day after my call
that there is infact a recall and they are waiting for the bolts to arive before
they issue the recall.(a bit slack not to notify us to check for the leaks in the
meantime!) So the letter will come soon !!! My dealer told the head guy at Triumph
that one of his customers had already told him about it and he replied "Bull,I only
just found out myself so how would they possibly know?" Perhaps Triumph Australia
should invest in a net account ?I also pointed out the clutch cable cutting the
wiring problem and told him about someone having battery trouble through it and a
little light switched on in his head....arghhh so thats whats wrong with so and so's
bike !! He wishes his boss would get the net now !! :)
thanx to all of you for pointing out these things as we would never find em till it
was to late hear in Aus !!