Re: ... Its finally here(s)! - Oil cooler leak

If this proves to be some kind of common problem or even could possibly be
maybe John King could consider some kind of screen, might be a better market
than for the backrest (I still want a backrest John). I was going to try
something with the screen on my Bandit, but sold the thing pretty quick when
I asked $4K.
Paul Steinbacher
> Oliver,
>

> Thanks for the input ----  I'm frustrated to hear that tightening the
bolts
> didn't do the trick --- I don't want to have to take it back to the dealer
> and wonder how long I'm going to have to leave it.  Please do post your
> solution as quickly as you can --- maybe I can fix it myself and not lose
> any more road time.
>
> lance
> >Lance,
> >
> >   Congratulations on your new ST. I posted a message about my (possibly)
> leaky
> >oil cooler a little while back. Per Eric's suggestion I cleaned it - only
> for
> >it to gunk up again. I showed it to the dealer - their reponse 'Yep,
looks
> like
> >a leak.'. The mechanic tried to retighten the bolts while I waited.
Nothing