Dropped it.

Yup, I dropped the ST today, at 655 miles.  Fuck.

Hit a small patch of gravel in the middle of the driveway going
into the shopping center and the front shot out from under me.
I was going 5, maybe 10, miles per hour, and just plain fucking
fell over.  Slid all of three feet.  Scuffed both RHS body panels,
bent the rear brake pedal, and put a bit of road rash on RHS
mirror body, front brake handle, bar end, rider peg, and can.
At least I had not yet gone to the replacement can.  No damage
to tank, seat, seat bodywork, lower fairing piece.  Just ordered
RHS body panel, RHS headlight nacelle half, and brake pedal from
my friendly neighborhood Triumph dealer.  I will advise the list
about what I hear back on availability.

Also wiped out some safety equipment: tore jacket, and scuffed
RH glove and boot.  Jeans held up.  Helmet never hit the ground.

As for me, I got a small case of road rash on RH forearm and knee,
and a big bruise on my RH thigh where my car keys got between me
and the pavement.  Been hurt worse on a bicycle.

My wife wanted to know if I should go to the hospital.  I said,
No, they can't do anything for terminal embarassment.

Fuck, fuck, fuck.

Rich Weyand      |  _______   ___,---. ---+_______:_   |Rich Weyand
Weyand Associates| |_N_&_W_| |_N_&_W_| |__|________|_  |TracTronics
Comm Consultants |  ooo ooo ~ ooo ooo ~ oOOOO- OOOO=o\ |Model RR Electronics
weyand@xxxxxxx   |     http://www.mcs.net/~weyand/     |weyand@xxxxxxx