Willow Springs, Tires, Heated grips, & Ride

Hey Folks,
Did the CLASS ride at Willow last wkd. and it was terrific! I rode with the "A"
group, and got passed numerous times but there was way less traffic so it was
cool!! Most of the passers had # plates anyway. In the tech sections I could stay
on their asses, but when it came to HP on the back, phew, rev limiter,rev
limiter, etc.
I put on D-205's for this exercise, and was not disappointed. They are far
superior to the stock tires in every way (those BT-57's suck in comparison)
constantly planted, couldn't have asked for more when I missed my only shift of
the day (turn 3 where Mario ate it) grabbed all the brakes and stuffed into 4th,
the torque took me up and over 4 on line with no prob!!
Heated grips then! What a tangled web we weave! Way more cable & shit than is
required! Got a bunch of crap under the fairing (something else to worry about),
but they work!

Ride Sun. SoCal people take note, leaving from Shell at foot of Crest @ 9:00 meet
@ Mt. Emma @ 945-10:00 on our way to Idyllwild. Should be a great day weather
wise!!

Eric Sheley wrote:

> I would assume that you are referring to the piece that would be used as
> the "normal" tank protector to protect where your jacket would rub on the
> tank. Imagine that piece as half (cut down the middle) of a fat "Y". The
> piece was too big to copy, so I cut it in half. To construct the
> appropriate piece, lay it on a larger piece of paper, trace around the edge
> and then flip it over and trace it on the other side.
>
> As I noted in the instructions, the piece in that size is a challenging
> install. I would recommend making it a little narrower and a little shorter
> from the top. If you would like, I will outline the piece on my bike and
> email the picture to give you a better idea of its orientation
>
> Hope dat helps
>
> - Eric
>
> Lance wrote,
>
> >Help!  ---- mostly, Eric -- Help!
> >

> >I knew I was going to have problems when I failed at "where's Wally" in
> >school, so I'm going to have to give up and tell you (any of you), that as I
> >am in the process of installing the 3M invincashield from the templates that
> >Eric sent, I haven't got a clue as to the one template that looks like a
> >'fat gun' (probably a poor representation).  I've figured out the tank
> >templates, the front of the lower fairing templates, etc, but this 'mystery'
> >piece has me completely flummoxed.
> >
> >I bow to your aesthetic skills ---- please tell me where this piece goes
> >(and if there is a right and left --- I'm assuming so).
> >
> >Graphically challenged yours,   Lance LaCerte

End of st-digest V1999 #74