Re: Dropped it.

At 11:26 PM 5/15/99 -0400, Eric Sheley wrote:

>At least it sounds like you will be able to repair the damage without too
>much trouble. Plus, you were lucky and did not cause serious damage to your
>body - a broken bike is frustrating, but a broken body is worse.

Indeed.  Sore as a bastard yesterday, somewhat less so today.  The deep
muscle bruise I got from landing on my car keys in my pocket has made
maneuvers such as squats (for gardening and the like) very painful.  It's
also amazing that after two days, the road rash on forearm and knee,
obtained through my clothing, is still very sore to the touch.

>Keep us updated on your progress

I should find out tomorrow about parts availability.  I know it's been
posted here before, but without going back and trying to find it, does
anyone have the name of the fellow at TOA in Georgia handy?

There is also a philosophical question to answer.  Do I replace onle the
three-four major damaged parts (RHS fairing body, RHS nose cone piece,
brake pedal, and perhaps RHS mirror), or should I also replace the bar
end, brake handle, passenger peg and can which got a little minor road rash
on each.  My bro says, just throw the money at it (I have the money) and
make it like new again, some part of me says they are minor enough to
say fuck it.  Comments?  Anybody know approximate costs?

BTW, the body panels do a very nice job of protecting the cases.  RHS is
the side with the more protruding case and the oil sight and all, and
not a scratch.  I touched the body panels up with some flat black acrylic
I had around for now, just to cover the white and make it all black again.
The body panels are white underneath the paint.

My bro also reminded me that he told me some 27 years ago, when teaching
me to ride, that motorcycles do not turn and stop at the same time, and
that dragging the front brakes at all into the corner wasn't very smart.
Duh.  Geez, older brothers: even at age 46, what would I do without him?

Rich Weyand      |  _______   ___,---. ---+_______:_   |Rich Weyand
Weyand Associates| |_N_&_W_| |_N_&_W_| |__|________|_  |TracTronics
Comm Consultants |  ooo ooo ~ ooo ooo ~ oOOOO- OOOO=o\ |Model RR Electronics
weyand@xxxxxxx   |     http://www.mcs.net/~weyand/     |weyand@xxxxxxx