Weekend Adventure

First of all, my condolences to you guys who dropped your STs this
weekend!  Ouch!!  Luckily it does not appear that either of you were
badly injured and it looks like what is broken is fixable, though I know
it's a pain to get it done!!

Richard & I put 800 miles on the bikes this weekend.  We traveled from
Houston to San Angelo for his sister's college graduation.  On the way
there, we broke up the trip by staying a night in Austin with my
sister.  Then we left on Friday morning via some nice twisty roads (at
least for 100 miles, anyway).  Closer to San Angelo I actually found
myself yawning (straight road, little traffic).  Yesterday we came
straight back.  I now have close to 2700 miles on the ST.  Richard is
hoping to get his before the end of May, and I am looking forward to out
running him while he is in the first part of his break in.  That will be
my only chance for a while, obviously because of "rider limitations",
not the bike's.

I did learn at least one new thing about the ST this weekend.  When
trying to fit her through a tight space, like between a parked Suburban
and a house, you can fold the mirrors in.  This way you will not leave a
black rubber mark on your brother-in-law's white Suburban, like I did.
I discovered the mirrors folded after painstakingly moving her through
this space!!

I did have one slightly scary moment, and it was not while I was on the
gravel road Richard lead me on as I road at a snail's pace there.  I was
downshifting while setting for a turn onto a feeder road, and the rear
wheel spun a bit on some really slick pavement that had probably been
recently laid.  Good thing I wasn't in the curve or I would have lost
it!!  I also got to watch Richard's rear wheel on the Exec. do a little
dance when we were on a road that evidently had been recently
patched--you know the ones with the black tar lines everywhere.  We will
need to watch out for these surfaces as the heat of the summer
intensifies.

Happy Riding and I should be posting some info about the Rally very soon
. . . .

Lisa