Re: ST Eurotour '99

Jonathan - thanks for the work on this - looks like a great site.

- - Eric

Jonathan wrote:
>OK all Euro ST riders,
>As promised I will be organising a/the ST tour for 1999 in St Gingolph, on
Lac Leman /Lake Geneva in Switzerland.  A good friend has a small and
rustic flat there which can sleep up to 8 persons; if more want to come
along (or want more privacy!) there are 2 reasonable (quality/price **/***)
hotels in the same town.   A bed at the flat will cost about
>Sfr 5/person/night (3 euro) !!!  A room in the Hotel National is about
~300-350FF (45 euro/night).

>If you can read Swiss (French/German!) then check out their web page:
>http://www.st-gingolph.ch/pagedescadres.htm
>I will upload a picture of the town to the web site shortly.
>
>The town is very charming; it IS the French/Swiss border on the south side
of the lake, opposite Montreaux. Sadly it was badly sacked by the Germans
in 1944 but much of the old town remains.  It is near the passes to
Chamonix, Val D-Aosta (Italy), Val D'Isere and the one past Davos/Gstaad.