Of magnitude and severity

Well,

I just my bike back from the recall work and wanted to share some info.  As
far as the sump bolts go, DO NOT DELAY if you have not had this recall taken
care of.  Of the 8 bolts, one was totally out and 5 others were loose!  I
also realized for the first time that these bolts hold the two halves of the
crankcase together - you know, where the crank journal and bearings are.  My
bike had 1600 miles on it and only two bolts were holding the precision
tolerances of the four main bearings.  I was concerned at first, and then
became furious when I saw the service bulletin that the dealer had received
in March which explicitly states, "All stock motorcycles must be modified
before delivery to the customer" and " We require you to contact every
customer who has purchased a motorcycle from you within the VIN range, as
soon as possible".  Well, needless to say that when I contacted my dealer in
early May I had to tell him about the recall.

Anyway, who knows what the long term effects of the loose bolts will be but
if I had known the potential risks I would not have put a mile on the bike.

PS - My new center stand has no tabs - I assume they put the original one
back on!  Am I right?
PPS - It definitely runs quieter now that the crank shaft isn't trying to
leap out of case

Andy