RWHP (long)

Hello Dennis,

The brake horse power (at the engine crank) is what the bike companies use
to skew the numbers. The BHP appears to be up to 20 % higher than rear
wheel horse power (RWHP) so what ever is in your owners manual subtract 15
to 20% to get a ballpark of what you should expect out of your bike.

The first year T595's were between 102 and 109 RWHP. There was one that
produced 111 RWHP (Brad Sheridan's T595). The 1998 and newer bikes seem to
produce around 110 RWHP. BTW, the T595 owners manual states 128 BHP.
Triumph
made a number of changes since 1997 but three stand out in my mind; one was
to put the correct cam which they called a "performance mod". and also
improved the ECU downloads over time the last improvement was that
they aligned the throttle bodies. The first year T595 (1997) about 50% of
them had a flat spot. Arno Jones did a survey a few years back with 100
T595's and ~50 had the flat spot the later bikes are all spared of this
problem. I cc'd Arno to see if he might want to add any input here. Arno
has a wealth of knowledge so please contact him if you have any T595
related questions too.

If you are going to do a dyno run may I suggest that you make sure your
engine is fully broken in (3,000 miles plus) and go in with a worn rear
tire. The rear tire thing, they will swear up and down that it does not
hurt the tire but go in with a bald tire and replace it after the run. When
you see that rear tire expand and displace rubber and heat up you might be
on my side on this. If you are just doing one run I would not sweat it.
However, if you are on the dyno, you usually are trying different downloads
or engine mods and may get a dozen dyno runs going. Call me a chicken but
that is the last thing I want to be thinking about at speed if my tire is
heat cycled. BTW, if you can get to a race event in your area you may get a
dyno run for
as little as $20.

Lastly, I have to comment that Triumph of America (TOA) does back their
products during the warranty period. Triumph did everything possible for
customer satisfaction for me. I had a T595 with a "grand canyon" flat spot
and Triumph mailed out all the latest components at no charge. I paid for
my engine to be balanced and blueprinted and the cams to be degreed while
it was apart as this is not an OEM or factory option. However, everything
else
was charged back to Triumph as a warranty repair. My Triumph just screams
with no flat spot and
full linear power delivery up to the time my shiftlight comes on.

Sorry for the long reply just hit the delete key next time.

Kind Regards,
John King