N.A. Rally Info.

Hi Guys & Gals,

I just spoke with Ruth at Tall Pines Motor Inn concerning the Rally. She
was very friendly.  The Listers who responded to my question concerning
hotel preference overwhelming preferred this place. So, the dates,
location & lodging are as follows:

LOCATION:  Eureka Springs, Arkansas

TIME:  Activities will be planned for Friday, AUGUST 27 and Saturday,
AUGUST 28, so I would plan on arriving Thursday, August 26, and leaving
on Sunday, August  29.

LODGING:  Tall Pines Motor Inn in Eureka Springs, Arkansas.  Phone:
501-253-8096.  They take Visa, MC, Amex, Discover, TeleCheck.  If you
are going to cancel or change your reservation, you must give them
notice at least 7 days before your arrival date or there will be a
charge.  Nothing is charged before arrival (or "late" cancellation or
change), and if you send in a deposit (check or money order), it is
fully refundable if you cancel at least 7 days out.

When calling to make reservations, tell them that you are with the
"TRIUMPH" group.  The rates for the weekend will be  $65 or $59/night
for an individual cabin;$59 or $55/night for a duplex cabin (each side);
$75 or $79/night for a suite (no jacuzzi); $89/night for a suite with
jacuzzi, based on double occupancy.  They have 7 individual cabins, 7
duplex cabins, 2 larger suites, and 4 jacuzzi suites.  For those of you
who are new, can find more information at
http://www.eureka-springs-usa.com/tallpines/.  Right now they have 3
"rooms" taken up in a somewhat separate area for the weekend, which
means we have 17 "rooms" available to our group.  If there is an
"overflow, they have some friends who own "Sherwood Court" nearby, which
is also a room/cabin motel which appears to be very nice as well.
Sherwood Court also responded to my inquiry about lodging for our Rally
and have good lodging rates (most are actually lower than Tall Pines),
but as they only have 12 cabins, I did not consider them to be viable
for our main lodging.

E-MAIL ME AT REDRIDERS@xxxxxxx IMMEDIATELY AFTER MAKING YOUR RESERVATION
SO I CAN KEEP A HEAD COUNT OF WHO ALL GOING!  Let me know whether you
are coming alone or if your "significant other" (name, please) is
joining you!!  ALSO LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE PLANNING ON ATTENDING BUT ARE
MAKING ARRANGEMENTS AT SOME PLACE OTHER THAN TALL PINES FOR LODGING.  If
you want to share a room with another rider, let me know, and I will
attempt to put you in touch with someone who wants to share.

One Lister had a question concerning parking surfaces.  There is some
asphalt/concrete, but parking by most cabins is gravel, though certain
cabins have cement patios, some of which are accessible for parking a
bike.  Ruth did say that they have had numerous bike group through
there--Goldwings, Harleys, etc.--and no one has had a problem, though
some did park their bikes on the concrete patios.  The main things is to
look for a level area--Eureka Springs is "hilly" though she said that
Tall Pines is "flatter" than most places.

Richard & I are staying in the "Loft", which has after hours access to
the pool.  This may be useful if we end of having a gathering one
evening.  Also, the area around the entrance to the Loft does have some
asphalt/concrete parking for those that may be more squeamish about
parking on gravel, thought I am sure that we will not be able to fit all
of the bikes there.  I personally do not have a problem parking on
gravel, but I wanted to make sure our group would have after hours
access to the pool, if we decide to use it, and to this parking area.

Eric gave the following advice:  "As for the parking surface, I would
recommend everyone getting a piece of flat tie strapping from a local
hardware store. Usually used for bracing on two studs, but will keep a
bike upright if used on the side stand even in sand or mud."

Also, if you want one of the cabins where you can park on the patio, let
them know when you make the reservation.

I may be stating the obvious here, but the lawyer in me wants to remind
you that this Rally is a voluntary gathering of individuals with similar
interests who are meeting in Eureka Springs, Arkansas.  Each individual
is SOLELY RESPONSIBLE for his or her own lodging, food, assorted costs,
and means and mode of transportation on their way to and from Arkansas
and while in Arkansas.  YOU ATTEND AND PARTICIPATE AT YOUR OWN COST AND
RISK!!

Now that my little disclaimer is out of the way, I am really looking
forward to meeting and riding with all of you even though I will
probably be "tail end Charlie".  Some of you have already responded that
you are interested in helping plan rides.  If anyone else is interested,
let me know, and I will put all of you in touch with one another and let
you have at it.  I am also going to immediately contact the Triumph
dealer in Fayetteville and let them know our dates and lodging
information and see if they want to help us plan a ride/excursion for
one day.

If you have any questions, contact me at RedRiders@xxxxxxxx

Lisa White
1999 Red Sprint ST

Richard White
1998 Red Sprint Exec. (for sale--cheap)
1999 Red Sprint ST (waiting at the dealer in the crate)