First 500 mile day

We did our first 500 mile day on the ST yesterday and I am very impressed,
was very comfortable right up till about 40 miles from the end and which was
on god awful boring PA Turnpike. It was mostly interstate unfortunately; I
was planning on a backroad ride but stopped by Howell's and he needed some
stuff delivered to a sportbike thing in Fredrick MD so we took it down for a
place to go. Anyway it belays any fears I might have been holding about
having to put in a few long freeway days to get someplace. The bike cruises
very comfortably 2 up at about 80mph and zips rather ferociously right up to
120 for a quick pass. Turned out to be a mostly Buell thing but they had
their Battletrax deal going (parking lot timed very tight race course). All
the free food and soda you wanted. Sad to say I brought shame to the Triumph
name as I wound up being about 8 seconds off the pace of the best riders.
First time I ever tried anything like that and I must say it turned out to
be REAL fun and quite addictive, good way to get your competitive juices
flowing with very low risk to body and bike, never get out of first gear. I
would really recommend anyone who is near one give it a try, especially
someone who could do a better job of upholding Triumph's honor, maybe
someone with a speed triple, perfect mount for whuppin up on a Buell in a
parking lot I would think. This type of thing would be cool for Triumph to
do also, anyone listening? The Triumph road show is going to be at Howell's
on the 2nd and 3rd of June also if anyone is interested in going.

Paul & Delores Steinbacher
97 Buell M2 Cyclone (how to break a bike in half without trying)
99 Triumph Sprint ST(Red Wind)