Re: Gas Gauge

Mark Hanke wrote:
>I was told by the dealer in Melbourne, Florida when I had my bolts done that
>according to triumph, the oil and filter were to be reused. Informed them
>that this was unaccaptable and purchased new oil and filter, of course no
>labor charge. By the way, I plan on using the Triumph oil and filter, was
>wondering the mileage intervals that are acceptable?

Mark is correct in his statement that oil and filter were to be reused. If
you did not pay for a new filter or for oil, then you probably have the
same oil and filter that you had when you came in.

I paid to have mine replaced - and of course there was no labor charge.

I normally change mine every 3k but a longer interval would not be
detrimental - I believe Triumph calls for every 6k after the initial 500
mile service.

Mark - where are you located? I'm in Port St John - we should get together
for a ride sometime....

- - Eric