Re: idle #2

On Mon, 24 May 1999, David Gilmore wrote:

> I just sent my post about my idle problems and then set about catching up
> on reading mail.  I saw James Lock's post about idle as related to high
> rpm's, and found it curious, but not my problem.  I had been riding with
> the wife, and had not exceeded 6000 rpm all day.  I wonder if there is
> something else going on here?   David Gilmore

I'd second your thoughts.  After the last high-speed run I did with a
couple of pals, I experienced exactly the same problems you mentioned.
The first set of lights we hit on the way back into town had had her
stalling as soon as the revs dropped to idle.   Same for the next few
lights but eventually it settled down.

It's going in for the bolt-fix on Thursday and I'll get the guys to check
out the vents etc to see if all is OK.  I'll drop a note here with the
result.

Bambi