Re: idle #2

> On Mon, 24 May 1999, David Gilmore wrote:
>
> > I just sent my post about my idle problems and then set about catching
up
> > on reading mail.  I saw James Lock's post about idle as related to high
> > rpm's, and found it curious, but not my problem.  I had been riding with
> > the wife, and had not exceeded 6000 rpm all day.  I wonder if there is
> > something else going on here?   David Gilmore
>
> I'd second your thoughts.  After the last high-speed run I did with a
> couple of pals, I experienced exactly the same problems you mentioned.
> The first set of lights we hit on the way back into town had had her
> stalling as soon as the revs dropped to idle.   Same for the next few
> lights but eventually it settled down.
>
> It's going in for the bolt-fix on Thursday and I'll get the guys to check
> out the vents etc to see if all is OK.  I'll drop a note here with the
> result.
>

> Bambi
My bike has had just the opposite idle symptom two times now. It will idle
at about 1800 rpm when I pull up to a stop; If I feed in just a little
clutch to load things up idle would drop to normal, then go back to 1800
after running up the engine again. After shutting it off for a while the
idle returns to normal. This happened once at about 200 miles and once at
about 2300 miles.

Paul Steinbacher