Re: st-digest V1999 #84

> <<Subject: Oils
>
> <From: "Lance LaCerte, Psy.D." <LACPSYD@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> <Really appreciate your input and have been thinking about the Mobil <1
> <synthetic automotive instead of the "super duper Triumph Mobil 1" <(<what
> <marketing rip off!!!!).     Have you been running the Mobil 1
<automotive?
> <Is there anything to worry about in terms of this oil holding up since
<its
> <lubricating the transmission and the engine (this is the standard, and
> <reasonable, reason why all of the motorcycle shops
> <tell you to never use automotive oil in a bike)?
>
> <Any more input from you and others would really be appreciated, as I <am
> just
> <about to go and buy oil for my first change.

Hi Lance , I am a future ST owner.. waiting for the year 00 model, but I do
have a little insight into the oil question. I own a KLR650 and there has
been quite a lot of discussion on this subject on the KLR650 list. The final
opinion is that the best oil for the job is Valvoline Blue 15w-40. $6 /
gallon. Designed for diesels, has all the beneficial additives, etc,etc.