Re: Ten Best Bikes

stump wrote:

> Hey Dan, Do you think that all the attention that triumph is getting these
> days is due to the Sprint? Regards, Steve.

I recall reading several articles in the early nineties about the new 'modular
design' Triumph motorcycles being produced in England and liking the models
they were producing then.  At that point my pocketbook could only afford early
80's technology so I really didn't pay much attention (not to mention that
Triumph's weren't available here till about '95).  I was seriously looking at
the 98 Sprint Exec and went to my local Triumph dealer (who also sells Honda,
Suzuki, BMW and Kawasaki). He happened to have a red ST sitting there -- I
rode it home that afternoon.  Until that afternoon I had never heard of the
Sprint ST, all I knew at that point was that Triumph was making good
motorcycles and I HAD to have the ST.

So to answer your question...Yes, the Sprint is going a long way towards
giving Triumph a good name.   So did the Daytona.  So did the Speed Triple.
So did all of the other models.  The Sprint ST is just more visible right
now.  This time next year the press will be talking about the new Bonneville
and the new 600 but I will still be riding  my ST.

Dan Wallander
 Red Sprint ST.