Re: stalling

I had a similar problem (with opposite symptoms) out this weekend. The bike ran great for 120km. I stopped for 2 mins to look at the map, and switched off the ignition. When I restarted it, the bike would idle at 1500-2000rpm rather than the usual 1000rpm or less.  The persisted until I took a coffee break some km later, and left the bike off for over 35 mins.  A similar problem occurred on my T509 once, when I switched off and restarted within less than 5 min period.  Anyone else experience this kind of problem?
Jonathan

>>> David Gilmore <dgilmore@xxxxxxx> 24/05/99 20:27:24 >>>
A peculiar thing happened the other day, and I'm curious if anyone else has
had the same thing happen to them.  The wife and I went for a short ride,
and after about 100 miles we stopped at a gas station to fill up.  The ST
had run just perfectly up to that point.  After getting gas, I started her
up, and lo and behold, she wouldn't idle.  I could keep her running by
giving her some throttle, but as soon as I let go of the throttle, she
quit.  She would start up easily, and seemed to take gas well, but just
wouldn't idle.  So, I started home and she ran perfectly, until the first
stop.  As soon as I let off the gas and got down to about 10mph, she quit.
I started her up again, and went the remaining 5 miles home and she died in
the driveway.  I pushed her in the garage, and two hours later, started her
up and she ran and idled perfectly.  Today, I took her out and she ran and
idled perfectly again.  The day that this happened it was rather cool out,
so it wasn't an overheating problem.  I suppose that something in the
computer didn't remember to set the idle, but I'm not sure that's exactly
what happened.  I guess I'll just ride her until it happens again, if it
does.  Has anyone else had a similiar problem?  I remember reading about
some electrical problems, but I don't think any of them were just like
this.   Thanks for your input,
David Gilmore     99ST    98Tiger  99Nomad