Re[2]: Questions

     > Any recomendations for a good flat repair kit?

     I've been using a Metzler product (Palufix I think)and I'm afraid I
     couldn't reccomend it. I comes with two tubular plugs that have three
     different diamaters stepped along their length. The Idea is that you
     hook the thinnest part and pull it through the hole in the tyre with a
     tool supplied in the kit. What I found is that the plug tends to break
     before it is sufficiently far through the rip to seal properly.

     Whatever kit you select, wear your gloves when you activate the
     cannister. These things get really cold when the gas is released and
     if your hands are wet, they'll freeze onto the canister!

     Marc came up with a good way of storing the repair kit so that it took
     up very little of his storage space and didn't get battered around.
     Simply leave it at home! (Sorry Marc, I just had to share that one.)

     Bear in mind that whatever kit you select it will probably be under
     your saddle or in your panniers for months before you use it so select
     one that has robust packaging to protect the contents.

     Martin

     '97 Suzuki TL1000S (Grease Spot)
     '79 Guzzi  V50 II  (Thumper)
     '81 Suzuki X5      (Elleva)