Re: Sprint ST 10,000km overview

At 07:49 AM 05/26/1999 +0200, De Vries Marc wrote:
>best to test a motorcycle. The surface is (most of the time) very good but
>You have a lot of bumps and holes in it.

not to mention an abundance of cows.... ;-) A good friend took Holiday for
3 weeks and all she came back with were pictures of cows and rocks.....

>And You never now what's behind the next bend. I had everything on the bike,

see above ......

>	- average consumption : 5.522liter/100km
>	- max consumption : 7.627liter/100km
>	- min consumption : 4.503liter/100km
>
>Eric I got some Excell sheet with all values, maybe to put somewhere on the
>site.

send it on .......

>next week. I'm curious about valve clearence, I hope they will be OK. The
>service
>manual says to check them on 20,000km for the first time but my dealer say
>Triumph
>claims to do it on 10,000km the first time and then every 20,000km.

the last I heard, Triumph was pretty confident in the new intervals. This
may have changed or the dealer may simply be referencing last years
numbers. If I hear anything else, I'll be sure to pass it along. In any
event, as long as Triumph is paying for it, doing a check at 10000 won't
hurt anything.

>I will thank Eric for this great list, it brings people together. I saw
>Martin Fay in
>Ireland, and we had a little reunion. I met him through this list, so we had
>our first
>European meeting.

Great to hear - that's what the list is all about.

>driving his "Celtic Lady"
>PS: this name I got from Martin. My license number starts with "MNA" this
>means
>woman in Gaellic. So I think the name is choosen well.

cool name .....

- - Eric