Vent Lines & Buzzing - update

After one week and about 500 miles of starting and riding my ST after
removing the overflow valve in the overflow line, my fuel pump buzzing seems
to have gotten better, however this might coincide with more balmy
temperatures in the morning.  Most of the time the buzzing only lasts for a
few minutes but sometimes in the morning it still lasts for 15 or 20
minutes.  In short, I think the verdict is still out as to what is the
ultimate cause of the prolonged fuel pump whining.  I have not experienced
the excessive vacuum in the tank that causes the bike not to start
condition,  though I hadn't experienced that even when the check valve was
installed backwards (from the factory).  Thought some of you guys might want
to know.

Andy