Accessorize!

Hi all,

    Yesterday I had the aluminium-skinned Sports Exhaust fitted, along
with the heated grips.  The exhaust really isn't much louder than the
standard can, but has a nice rasp at high RPM :-)  The bike also now
pulls more cleanly low down in the rev range, so I can comfortably
hold third gear at 30mph, instead of second.  Roll on the weekend when
I can take it out into the twisties :-)

    As we're currently experiencing a minor heatwave in London
(meaning I can happily leave my spring gloves at home ;-) I can't say
anything about the heated grips other than that they work, and that it
took me a while to realise that the switch has three positions - off,
on and what I take to be a "quick start" position.

    My only niggle is that the switch for the heated grips feels a bit
flimsy.  I had to look at it to make sure of its position, and that's
wearing summer gloves!  Oh, and the grips make the bars feel like BMW
bars ;-)

    Latest estimate on the luggage: should ship next week.  But I
can't get to the dealer to have it fitted for another two weeks :-(

                Jim
- --
      jim@         ,'_             The idea of a planning session sounds
  ixion.org.uk    / -.--.    ___   good as long as there is plenty of
+44 171 721 2672 _\_  ~-.`--'_.-'  beer and I don't have to do anything.
'99 Sprint ST   \__/ `---'  \__/                            -- Jeff Wain