Re: Joining Message

Patrick said:

>Hmmm yet another T5er joins the list :)

Goodness me, Patrick.  How many lists are you on?  You've obviously got too
much time on your hands, and I've got just the answer:  the Ixion (UK)
biking mailing list.  150 messages on a quiet day.

>How is the new suspension going.. was it worth the money ?

This is referring to the Maxton suspension work I had done on the T595.

The T595 is oversprung at the rear and is quite harsh - bouncing me (90kgs
inc kit) out of the seat on bumpy roads.  The fronts are undersprung, but to
compensate they are overdamped.  Hence on a poor road the front suspension
tends to ?lock up?.  Their solution is to replace rear spring to suit your
weight and riding style and revalve the shock to suit.  They convert the
forks with new springs and redesigned internals.  Total cost, GBP350 give or
take.  When you think that a decent shock starts at GBP400, and WP forks
springs GBP100, this is a bargain.

The result: complete transformation with a vast increase in comfort,
improved roadholding on bumpy bends and hence increased cornering speed.
The only downside is that I can now deck out the header pipes on the RHS.
Whether this is directly due to the softer rear spring or the fact that I am
now more confident riding on bumpy bends I don't know.  I haven't played
with the rear preload yet.  Anyway, to answer your question they are
definitely worth the money. The next bike I have will get this treatment
from day 1.

Regards

Martin Plant
95 Sprint, 97 T595