Re: Radiator

=>
=>Has anyone had problems with their radiator or coolant? Like I said yesterday
my radiator sprung a leak in the fins and bit the dust after only 3700 km.
That's 2300 U.S. miles.
=>
=>Kyle Rocke
=>Stockholm Sweden
=>99 Sprint ST "Black Widow"

Yep!! It's me.

Sorry I didn't post this sooner but I have been away from the office
for some time and just go back today running through my hunders of mails...

It happened to me 3 weeks ago. Got to the office one morning and found
the blue coolant liquid all over the place. I was hoping it was just
some bracket that got loose but inspecting the bike with the engine
running idle I found a very small leak that was squirting the liquid from
the inside of the radiator toeards the engine and of course from there
all over the place. At that time I had 4900 chilometers (just over
3000 miles).

Went straight to the dealer and of course no spare part but I was not
as lucky as you. It took me 2 weeks to get my bike back and I won't go
into the detail of the many calls I had to make to get it back.

By the way, my bike apparently had severe leaking problems. I have
already posted about my oil leakage which I first thought was one of
the bolts holdint the tubes from the oil cooler, then I blamed the oil
filter. But none of the above. It was ... a crack in the oil pan. If I
remeber correctly somebody else on the list had this problem.

Well, all seems to be well now but I just hope mine is not one of those
"unlucky" units. Im still find the bike great but if anything else
happens to it, I will really start missing my old trusty 95 Sprint
(62000 kilometers in 3 years, problems = 0 !!).

Ciao,
Carlo
All Black Sprint ST