Re: Introduction

___________________________ Reply Separator _________________________________
Subject: Introduction
Author:  Scott Taunton <scott@xxxxxxxxx> at Internet
Date:    30/05/99 22:55
I have discovered that I can get an ST from the South of Ireland and save
around UKP 1800 (US$2900).  That includes import duties etc. when bringing
it back the 100 miles to the North.  It seems the list prices are currently
the same (around 8400 pounds) but the Irish pound is only worth UKP0.83 so
I'm a happy man.

     Scott, I'm living in the south of Ireland and your comments have me
     intrigued. The only Triumph dealer down south that I know of are KDI
     in Dublin. Last time I looked they were quoting a list price of
     £9660IRP. Are you subtracting the Irish VRT or were you quoted £8400
     OTR? If you do buy in the south what are the implications with
     warranty etc...
     I'm currently trying to source an ST from outside Ireland to import.
     This is because I've had bad experiences with KDI standing over
     warranties with two bikes in the past and am therefore unwilling to
     give them any business.

     Martin

     '97 Suzuki TL1000S (Grease Spot)
     '79 Guzzi  V50 II