Re: boring tyre (or tire) thread

Jonathan Schulster wrote:

Dear hi-mileagers....
have now done about 6000km on the original BT57's and notice the back one is
slipping and sliding with little provocation on rather warm roads (hit 31C
on Sat. in south Germany).
Is anyone else noticing severe problems with grip, feedback and also ride
quality with the BT57's after only 3000 miles?

The Dunlop D205 is an EXCELLENT tire. I managed about 4000 miles out of my
first two BT57's, which is about 2 months each. I could not afford to
continue using Bridgestones, they are simply too soft. The D205s are giving
me 6000-8000 miles depending on how hard I am on them. I was able to rub the
RHS fairing on my 97 Trophy 1200 using these tyres, and NEVER lost
confidence in the tyre, or felt it slide out. As soon as the Bt on my new
Sprint wears out, she will be shod with Dunlops. Also, I believe the Dunlop
has a slightly higher crown, which affords slightly quicker steering. To my
taste, they handle better and last longer, therefore, they are better.