Re: Front Rotors

I hate to disagree ;-) but "surging as coming to a stop" sounds
suspiciously like a thickness variation problem, not runout.  Be-
sides, floating rotors eliminate runout to a certain degree.  Are
you sure the rotors aren't contaminated with any petroleum
products?

Any amount (like .001" or more) variation of thickness will be
very apparent (as the front end feels like it's chatter itself off
the bike).

I'm interested in what resolves the problem for you "Stump."
Please keep us apprised.

Steve Hobbs

"stump" wrote:

<snip>          With 15k miles on the machine,
for the last 4 k  there has been a vibration in the forks that radiates
up to the mirrors. Looking at the front forks down through the opening
in the fairing when I apply the brakes the fork oscillates back in forth

in a rapid fashion. When rolling up to a stop, there is a surging felt.